- I conducted an interview about Jake’s life and The Long Shadows on Radio New Zealand’s Sunday Morning show with Chris Laidlaw.
- Thanks to the Voice of America, Jake’s amazing story has been shared with an estimated worldwide audience of more than 100 million people! Check out the Voice of America video segment here. They also posted a print story about The Long Shadows here. VoA was so taken with Jake’s story, they produced an expanded version of the original video segment that you can view here.
- The Utne Reader has posted an excerpt from The Long Shadows on its Website. If you’re not familiar with Utne, they describe themselves as “a progressive lifestyle magazine” that focuses on the “latest ideas and trends emerging in American culture.” Utne is part of Ogden Publications, which reaches more than 5.7 million readers!
- My Hollyblog about The Long Shadows went live on The Wrap, a national “online resource and information network focused on the business of entertainment and media” that attracts roughly 609,384 unique visitors every month! You can read my Hollyblog here or find out more about The Wrap here.
- I appeared on the internationally syndicated radio show, For Your Ears Only (formerly Newsweek on Air), to discuss The Long Shadows with veteran journalist and host David Alpern. The show is broadcast on stations from coast-to-coast and to U.S. military personnel in 177 nations via the Pentagon’s American Forces Radio Network. You can listen to the podcast version via iTunes, Feedburner and You Tube.
- I was a guest on SIRIUS XM’s “The Maggie Linton Show,” a syndicated radio program that airs on Book Radio Channel 80.
El Paso Media
- Jake’s story is featured in a Special Web Issue of the Borderlands newspaper at El Paso Community College. Click here to read, “Jake Erlich: A Big Man in Many Ways.”
- El Paso man made mark in movies, circus, El Paso Times
- A Tall Story, El Paso Inc.
- Book Notes article and Summer Arts Preview in the El Paso Times
- Events article in Texas Monthly
- A giant among artists: Museum opens exhibit by 8-foot-6 circus performer from El Paso, El Paso Times
- Long Shadows’ Art by Jake Erlich, El Paso Inc.
- I appeared as a guest on the “ABC 7 at Noon” show on El Paso’s ABC affiliate KVIA-TV.
- KFOX-TV covered my book signing on their 9 pm newscast.
- I appeared as a guest on the “Your Morning Show” on KLVC-FM and the “Morning Show with Buzz Adams” on KLAQ-FM.
- I was a guest on KTSM-AM’s “El Paso History Show.”
- I appeared on the State of the Arts radio show hosted by Mónica Gómez on KTEP, El Paso’s strongest public radio station.
- The Long Shadows was favorably reviewed in North Valley Magazine.
- A feature story on The Long Shadows appeared in the Jewish News of Greater Phoenix.
- I appeared as a guest on KTVK-TV/Channel 3′s “Good Morning Arizona.” The segment is now online.
- I was interviewed on AZ-TV’s “The Morning Scramble” with Pat McMahon.
- A feature story on The Long Shadows appeared in The Arizona Republic. You can read the story here.
- A feature story on The Long Shadows ran on the Frontdoors News Network. I was also interviewed for a video segment that can be viewed here.
- Here’s some book signing coverage on Azcentral.com, East Valley Tribune, Jewish News of Greater Phoenix, and the Phoenix New Times.
Los Angeles Media
- I appeared as a guest on “All Things Considered” on KCRW-FM, the PBS affiliate in Los Angeles. You can hear the segment here.
- I appeared as a guest on “The Morning Show” on KCAA-AM.
- I was also a guest on “The Bill Frank Show” on KVTA-AM. You can hear the segment here.
- A feature story about The Long Shadows appeared in Life After 50. You can read the story here.
Here’s some coverage of my October 5 book signing at Book Soup in Los Angeles Magazine, the Daily News Los Angeles and CBS Los Angeles.